Do you get super dry, chapped skin during the winter months!? Here’s a fantastic DIY remedy that can also promote healthier looking skin! As an alternative to lotions you buy in the store that are made mostly of water and cost us $$$, try this DIY natural remedy instead!
For essential oils to add I recommend lavender (for relaxation) and frankincense (helps promote even skin tones and healthier skin)! I use Young Living essential oils for their purity and their Seed to Seal commitment!
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup solid cocoa butter
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 15 drops lavender essential oil
- 15 drops frankincense essential oil
- glass mixing bowl
- glass containers (mason jars are my fav)
- In medium saucepan melt coconut oil, cocoa butter and olive oil.
- Pour into a glass mixing bowl.
- Refrigerate for 30–45 minutes to cool (not harden).
- Stir in essential oils.
- Use electric hand mixer until it becomes a whip consistency.
- Transfer to glass containers.
- Massage into dry skin!
***These make fantastic gifts too! Add a nice ribbon or lace for touch;)
Some other essential oils you could use are cedarwood, orange and eucalyptus!
Sign up below if you’d like to order your essential oils!