Divorce, death, destruction, do-over. It’s been an interesting few years but that about sums up since I’ve written last. If only we could take all the lessons we learn in life and share them with our 10 year old self. If only we could know they were lessons. It’s baffling to me to think about how every single decision we make in our life catapults us into a complete different life. It’s maddening to contemplate on if I had done that, or hadn’t done this, or what if I would have…..where would my life be. Would I still be me or am I a complete result of my experiences and surroundings. The irony of spending years wanting to grow up faster and the rest of your life wanting to be younger. Why do we so effortlessly focus on the past and future when the present is what is truly the most valuable and what should merit our attention.
So to my 10 year old self…..
- You are beautiful
- Stop caring what they think
- That voice in your head is always right
- Yes, your parents know
- Let that shit go
- It’s never too late to start over
- The only consistent thing in life is inconsistency
- Faith will save you, never lose it
- There is always a lesson to be learned
- You are the only one that controls your happiness